It’s time to revive #FFF and share some of my favorite books I’m reading!
By the way…being on a book launch team is. My. Favorite. Thing! So much so, that even if I’m not officially on their launch team, I may possibly take it upon myself to be my own personal launch team of one… or join an unofficial, that then becomes almost, kind of, pretty much official because if the writer joining your unofficial launch team Facebook group doesn’t make it an official launch team then what does?
Also. Can this be a real job? I mean, reading books before they’re released….creating memes from quotes in the book (P.S. Did you know it’s pronounced “meems” and not “meh-mays”? I am boycotting that. Forever and ever in my mind it will be “meh-mays”. Let’s make it a thing.), posting all about the book to all the social media platforms…giving away books…book swag, autographed copies of the book…This should be my real job. Except, I probably cannot pay my electric bill with memes (did you say it right in your head?) or books or book swag…
So, until then, I’ll just read instead of sleeping 🙂
My #FFF Books edition, in no particular order:
- For the Love by Jen Hatmaker – Once you have this book in your hot little hands, check out page 211 – #the4500 – that’s me! I am one of those people! And we’re in her book!!! I can’t even!
Order online at Amazon or pick up at your local Barnes and Noble
2) Talk Now and Later by Brian Dollar – this is a must read for all parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles fulfilling the role of a parent, parents to be…if you are in a child’s circle of influence, get this book! We are beyond blessed to have Pastor Brian as one of our kids pastors at our church and are so thankful for the time and love he pours into our kiddos!
Or at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other major book retailers
3) The Road to Becoming by Jenny Simmons – I am actually on her official launch team, like, for real! I am a few chapters in to this book and I am wrecked! If you are familiar with the Christian band, Addison Road, THIS IS HER! She is a writer too! She speaks from her whole heart and doesn’t leave a single piece of brokenness or redemption hidden.
Or Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other major book retailers
4) Stones of Remembrance by Julie Presley – Julie is a dear friend of mine and an incredible writer! She is in the final stages of her second book, so hurry and get her first book until we can get our hands on her second one. This is a Christian romance novel, but is about so much more than romance!
Order online at Amazon
5) After the Honeymoon by Rod Loy – what started out as Facebook posts written as marriage advice to his son and future daughter-in-law is now a book that is as wonderful for newlyweds as it is for couples celebrating 20+ years…Written as a 90 day devotional for husbands and wives to journey through together, this is at the top of my wedding gift list! Pastor Rod is the senior pastor of our church and this book is just another example of living out our church’s core value, Every Soul Matters To God.
Order on Amazon
Make sure you check out my Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/lifewithgreeneyes for links to the authors Facebook pages and lots of book giveaways coming up!
Twitter and Instagram – @angelastricklin
Happy Friday y’all!